Antonis Engrafou is a portrait and commercial photographer based in Limassol, Cyprus. A third generation photographer following the footsteps of his grandfather and father at the age of 18 he turned to photography as a means of creativity.His aesthetic of work is influenced by the old masters of art and this is his approach to his entire body of work – commercial and portraiture.
His storytelling approach shows emotions, character and stories through the people he photographs: “When I take a picture I want the viewer to feel a connection with the person I’m photographing and transfer the feelings and emotions to them”. His storytelling technique creates unique lighting and color in the photo shoot to achieve the desired outcome, “a fine art approach to subjects”.
In the past few years he has worked for numerous projects, both for clients and personal. His work has been seen in magazines, billboards and books. He has been featured in numerous blogs, awarded in prestigious competitions and Antonis was voted by Luerzer’s Archive in 2011 as one of the 200 best Ad Photographers.
Features and awards
* Gold Award of Exelence Supercircuit Trierenberg 2009
* Finalist in Sport Category Campaign Photo Awards 2010
* Luerzer’s Archive 200 Best Commercial Photographers 2011
*PX3 People’s Choice Awards 2013
1st place in Advertising Category,Self Promotion, 2nd on Book Series,Fine Art and 3rd on Fine Art,People
* International Color Awards 2014 Honorary Color Master
* Third place winner at the 2015 MIFA photography awards on personal portfolio category
* Portrait category and Grand Prize winner at the Production Paradise Spotlights Awards 2018
Hasselblad H4D-40 medium format
Canon 5d mark3